Paul Harris A Close-up Kinda Guy
A Close-up Kinda Guy
by Paul Harris
When Paul Harris teaches you to become a CLOSE UP KINDA GUY, you'll learn weird and secret things that will inspire you to shuffle your very own fingers into a deck, produce an impromptu pyramid right out of the pack, discover chocolate in a borrowed coin, unscrew your deck like a custom pool cue, and pick-up some of the most beautiful women in the world with a seductive presentation of the double lift. If you're the KINDA GUY who wants to experience Whirlpool-the most diabolical destruction of a card since Cardboard Connection. -or- If you're the KINDA GUY who's determined to learn "A Simple Switch"-the most extravagant flourish for making two cards change places ever devised. -or-If you're simply the KINDA GUY who wants to be near the kinda guy who creates, performs and writes the kinda close-up that'll put a song in your heart, a smile on your face, and a party in your close-up case... then-You're the KINDA GUY who won't be happy until he personally owns and jealously guards these secrets.
Chapter One: A Fun Kinda Guy
- Biological Shuffle: Magician shuffles fingers into deck, each finger on top of King, Kings back into deck, spectator's hand on kings, more cards on top of spectator's hand, magician's hand on top of that, more cards on magician's hand, four Kings found in top of stack.
- Bee Bop: Card case does aback flip onto the deck, changing one card for another.
- Language of the Cards: Three cards selected, first two revealed by arranging tabled cards into letters 7H, 10S, last selection dealt to but card dealt to is wrong, card split into three, all three selections.
- Hi There Baby Cakes: Magician writes name on one card, phone number on another, a spectator of desired sex holds name card, phone number travels to join name on card.
Chapter Two: A Gutsy Kinda Guy
- Double Suicide: Spectator holds King of Hearts at fingertips, Ace of Spades balanced on back of hand, deck placed on Ace, Ace travels to join King.
- Bad Estimate: Card selected, magician counts down seven cards, selection not there but on top, selection buried in pack, seven cards counted again, still not there, seven cards counted again, no sign of selection, magician cuts seven card packet in half, gives half to spectator, magician and spectator somehow have one card each, two cards put together, counted one after the other seven times, selection appears.
- Mike's Dwarf by Mike Powers: Deck removed from the case and top card given to spectator, spectator attempts to return card to deck only to see that deck has shrunk to half size.
- Mr. Biller's Wild Ride (Steve Biller): Four Jacks removed from the deck, they turn face up one at a time, then change to four Aces, one Jack removed from magician's pocket, one from deck, one from card case, a spectator sitting on the fourth one.
- Hard Core Travelers: Four Aces travel one at a time from magician's hand to table.
Chapter Three: A Semi-Impressive Kinda Guy: The next three effects are designed to flow from one right into the other to form a long routine.
- The Perfectionist: Magician attempts to re-distribute blacks and reds in the deck into a more random arrangement, cards separated into two red packets and two black packets, each red shuffled into black, cards spread to show one half red, other half black.
- Transposed Perfectionist: Deck divided into half red, half black, spectator given blacks, magician looks at reds and finds they're now all blacks, spectator holding reds.
- Mixed Up Perfectionist: Reds split into two packets, blacks into two packets, one red shuffled into one black, other red into other black, packets ribbon spread to show blacks and reds segregated again, magician squares up packets, snaps fingers, spreads packets again, red and black now mixed in each.
Chapter Four: A Strange Kinda Guy
- Pyramid: King displayed and placed face down on the table, deck placed on top of King, leaving behind three cards in Magician's hand in the shape of a triangular prism, deck cut and cut completed, deck riffled at the prism, which is dismantled to show King.
- Screwed Deck: At end of the performance, magician unscrews deck into two halves (like a pool cue) and places them into a velvet lined box
- Chocolate Coin (Paul Harris and Dick Ryan): Coin borrowed from spectators as a bit of wrapping peeled off to reveal chocolate center, the peeled bit is restored, coin returned to the spectator.
- Twilight Restoration (Doug Bennett): "A torn card and its mirrored image become one.
- Headache: King of Hearts sticks a sword into the head.
- Whirlpool: Cardtorn in a spiral fashion, restored.
Chapter Five: A Never-Satisfied Kinda Guy
- Bizarre Penetration: Card openly penetrates two others, one at a time, then both at once.
- Bizarre Stretch: Card placed crosswise between two others visibly stretches.
- Bizarre Shrink: Card placed crosswise between two others grasped by a spectator, other two cards removed as spectator's visibly shrinks.
- Interlaced Vanish II: Aces interlaced between Jacks vanish.
Chapter Six: A Determined Kinda Guy
- Instant Replay: A flourish in which one card shoots off the deck into magician's other hand, then jumps back to the top of the deck.
- Simple Switch: (Requires mastery of Instant Replay flourish), card in one hand changed for a card on top of the deck without bringing hands together.
NOTE: The copies we have are NEW, still in original shrink wrap!
Details; Paul Harris A Close-Up Kinda Guy
©1983, Hardcover, 132 pages
|Tags||Paul Harris, Paul Harris Magic Book, A Close up Kinda Guy|
|Media Type||Shipped Product|
You might also like...
Las Vegas Close-up$20.00
Paul Harris Reveals Some of...His Secrets$15.00
Close-up Seductions by Paul Harris$37.50
Close-up Fantasies Books 1 & 2 by Paul Harris$29.95
Paul Harris’ Super Swindle$7.50
Solid Deception (Original/Poker) by Paul Harris$15.00
Solid Deception -(Original in Bridge)$15.00
Close-Up Fantasies Finale$22.50
The Paul Harris Vanishing Deck$7.95
Super Magic by Paul Harris$15.00