Alternative Handlings is a book of finely constructed routines by Horace Bennett. Magicians who are familiar with Bennett’s magic will immediately agree that he puts together some knockout magical effects by combining relatively simple skills with superb routining.
Alternative Handlings contains fourteen clearly described and fully illustrated routines. One hundred line drawings accompany the text. The tricks described are indeed “Alternative Handlings” of familiar plots re-routined by Bennett. Plots range from some of the “classics” of magic to plots published by some of the top close-up performers of the 1970s and 1980s.
- Working Conditions
- Improved "Penny For Your Thoughts"
- Thoughts on Suit Yourself Improved
- The Chinese Coin
- Wild Coin
- Multiple Coin Switch
- Bennett's Baker
- The Purse and the Wine Glass
- Aces - Aces - Aces
- The Purse and the Okito Box
- Seven in the Side Pocket Update
- An Afternoon With Frank Thompson
- Cut and Restored Rope - Close-Up
- Suit Yourself
- Additional Ideas for the Portable Hole
- Errata (Bennett's Fourth Book) A correction about "Jimmy Wilson's Coin Vanish and Reproduction" covered in "Bennett's Fourth Book".
Details; Alternative Handlings ©1983 Magic Methods.
96 typeset fully illustrated pages, soft covers, spiral-bound, size: 5 1/2". by 8 1/2".