The Sponge Book
The Sponge Book
Compiled by Frances Ireland Marshall
Everything You Need to Know about Working with Sponge Balls!
Contains twelve routines, plus a whole section by Al Goshman, "King of the Sponge Balls". Featured is the famous Senator Crandall routine which Don Alan did for Ed Sullivan. Compiled by Frances Marshall.
Other routines include: Ghost Balls, Three Ball Trick, Big and Little Balls, Silver and Sponges, Leaping Leprechauns, Passe Passe Sponges, Spicy Sponges, Crandall's Original Routine, Gen. Grant;s Favorite, Surprise Finish for Rabbit Routine, Multi-ball, etc.
Tricks range from beginner's stuff to those for the expert. A little practice makes it possible for anyone to learn sponge tricks. Illustrated.
- Photo of Albert Goshman
- Goshman's Sponge Routine: A purse frame is displayed and three sponge balls are removed from it. One ball is placed in one of the spectator's hands while the magician takes the other one. The ball vanishes from the magician's hand and the spectator now holds two. Both balls are placed back into the spectator's hand, while magician picks up third ball. Again the ball vanishes and goes to the spectator's hand.
- The Ghost Balls: a two in the hand, one in the pocket routine
- Three Ball Trick (LL Ireland): 3 balls shown. Two in hand, one in pocket. Three are now in the hand. This is repeated. Finally the balls vanish.
- Big and Little Balls (L.L. Ireland): A large and small sponge ball is shown. Small ball is placed in one hand. Large ball is rubbed and becomes small. Small ball becomes large.
- Silver and Sponge (L.L. Ireland): nickle changes to silver dollar, which changes to sponge ball. Sponge passes through pocket, and then the ball grows. It vanishes, reappears, and grows some more.
- Leaping Leprechauns (Hugh Lambert): a sponge ball routine using a glass tumbler covered with newspaper and sponge balls. With a large ball climax.
- Passe Trick (Martin Gardner): essentially a form of the 10 count.
- Spicy Sponges (Frank Derrick): The passe passe routine with a risque ending using sponge bra forms
- Crandall's Original Routine: uses balls, a ball to square sponge, a square sponge, and a spiral snake sponge. With Senator Crandall's dry but humorous patter.
- Around the Block (Senator Crandall): some short ideas for two color ball to square sponges
- Favorite Sponge Routine (Gen Grant): a routine using sponges from a matchbox, a dye tube, a TT, and climaxing with a multiple ball production
- Surprise Finish (Don Alan): a surprise climax for the multiplying rabbits routine
- Multiball (Dr. Jaks): Uses 20 to 30 sponge cubes. Teaches a good wand misdirection.
Details: The Sponge Book - Compiled by Frances Marshall
48 pages, soft covers, saddle-stitched, size: 5 1/2" by 8 1/2".
|Media Type||Shipped Product|
You might also like...
DVD - Sponge Ball to Square$5.95
Jerry Mentzer's Sponge Ball Routine$5.00
25 Tips & Tricks with Sponge Balls Booklet$4.95
Frank Garcia's Sponge Balls Booklet$5.95
DVD - Amazing Magic Tricks with Sponge Balls$10.00
Sanada Sponge Ball Gimmick$8.95$10.00
Sponge Balls 2" size - Blue$5.99
Sponge Balls 1 1/2" size - Orange$4.99
Sponge Ball Magic Booklet$3.50