Three Card Monte Pro Kit
- Book and Cards Kit!
- Learn How To Perform The 3 Card Monte!
Three Card Monte Pro Kit
This kit consists of the 48 page booklet named "Three Card Monte" by John Scarne and the Three Bicycle backed cards suggested for use by Scarne. It explains why you cannot lose and why the Sucker cannot win.
This wonderful book included in the kit was written in the mid 1930s when prohibition and illegal gambling affected the big cities. The Three Card Monte was played on the streets and some of the wealthiest people of the day were taken in by the technique of the card sharps. John Scarne teaches it ALL in this book.
This booklet was originally published in the 1930's by A.V. Walsh titled as John Scarne Explains Why You Can't Win. It is Illustrated with over 40 black & white photographs. the language is somewhat dated for todays audiences and not as easy to understand as some other references yet it presents almost all the basic concepts of the Three Card Monte. This book is probably responsible for more magicians learning the Three Card Monte than any other single volume published.
- What a Great Magician Has to Say About Scarne -Nate Leipzig
- Letter: by John Scarne
- Definition of Gambling Terms: such as "Berries", "Chicken Feed", "John Law", etc.
- Forward: A.V. Walsh
- Introduction: about Monte, grifters, and the players in a typical scam
- Grifter's Signals: several methods described
- Familiar Phrases in Gambling: more definitions such as "Hipe", "Shills", etc.
- Three Card Monte: the basic routine described (traditional, non-gimmicked cards)
- Series of Deceptive Moves: an outline
- Bent or Crimped Corner, Grifter Method: how to use the Bent Corner sucker gag
- The Flip: a sort of Mexican Turnover move
- The Flip Change: follows the above
- Moves with Flip and Flip-Change: outline using the above moves
- Grifter's Marked Corner (Using the Flip and Flip-Change): another sucker gag
- Scarne's Monte Slide: three cards are shown face up, each snapped with a finger and laid on the table, yet the Ace is not found
- Scarne's Triple Climax: using a one-way back, the spectator thinks the performer has made a mistake
- Scarne's Method of the Crimped Corner: Scarne's variation
- Scarne's Marked Corner: one corner is marked with a pencil, yet the spectator is suckered
- The Stamped Ace - Scarne's Method: this time, a stamp is placed on the Ace...
- Scarne's Method of Torn Corner: even though a corner is torn off the Ace, spectator picks the wrong card
- Scarne's Push Over Change: another move useful in a Monte routine
- The Mexican Turn Over: card switch described
- The Daub: how to use it
- A Poem
Details: Three Card Monte book and Cards Pro Kit
©1933 Audley Walsh
©1972, D. Robbins and Co. Inc. Brooklyn
48 pages, Softcover, saddle-stitched, size 5 1/2' by 8 1/2" .
Skill level: Intermediate. Suitable for ages 18 and older.
Sold For Entertainment Purposes Only!
|Media Type||Shipped Product|
You might also like...
Two Card Monte Deluxe$1.25
Library Card Monte$25.00
Two Card Monte Jumbo Sized$1.99
The Funny Tree Card Monte Trick$2.95
The Irish Three Card Trick$20.00
Rattling Wands by Royal Magic$3.79$4.95
Three Card Monte Book$4.99
Ultimate English Three Card Monte$15.00
Pitter Patter Book by R.H.Hill$10.95$15.00